This Job is Available in Ghana
We’re looking for the future leaders of Standard Chartered Bank and the International Graduate Programme is the springboard for you to achieve this. We’re looking for the best and the brightest talent in the market to join one of business functions as part of our two-year programme.
What we will teach you
The International Graduate Programme gives you a variety of teaching, we dedicate time in your learning and business exposure as we want to give the best start to your career. From day one you’ll become part of an international community and grow your global network. You’ll have exposure to different cultures and working styles and have an incredible opportunity to take part in our International Induction programme in Malaysia.
Whilst being an international graduate doesn’t mean you’ll be jumping on planes and being relocated in multiple countries – there may be some travel. Opportunities to work abroad are far more likely to happen after you’ve developed an expertise in your initial location.
Corporate Real Estate Service Training
CRES is responsible for developing, maintaining and protecting the Bank’s infrastructure and environment. There is a lot involved in this from Facilities & Asset Management to Projects, Security, Crisis Management and Health & Safety.
Why choose CRES?
- Gain real exposure to global real estate and asset management
- Get involved in disaster recovery and security planning
- Drive a reduction in the environmental impact of our properties
You’ll need a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree to be accepted. Due to the nature of the work involved a degree in a related area is preferred, e.g. Engineering, Real Estate, Building Management or Environmental Studies.
About the programme
This programme will provide you with the foundation for a truly international career, by covering:
- Corporate Real Estate Strategy
- Risk – Business Continuity, Security, Health and Safety
- Space and Asset Management
- Facilities Management
- Project Management
- Workplace Effectiveness
- Environmental Efficiency and Sustainability
You’ll gain experience in country and group roles across a number of core teams within this critical function.
For CRES graduates, the on-the-job development consists of four standard rotations:
Rotation 1 – Country CRES (10 months)
Once on board you’ll be assigned a rotation within country CRES, and this will include developing knowledge and skills across the CRES function. During this time you’ll learn one or more of the following skills, depending what function you are assigned to:
- Prepare a clear brief from a business unit, regarding a real estate requirement, via a consulting approach
- Translate the real estate brief into a premises requirement specification
- Develop a business case for the real estate requirement
- Engage the necessary stakeholders required to gain approval of specified premises
- Take the business case through the Bank’s internal approval process
- Conduct a premises search, using internal and external resources to identify a site which meets user requirements
- Successfully negotiate favourable lease terms for the Bank
- Prepare, in conjunction with the landlord, the required lease documentation necessary to ensure financial, environmental, health and safety and operational risks are mitigated to the extent possible
- Renew an existing lease at most favourable terms
- Conduct market reviews to benchmark industry trends and current market rates for various types of real estate, including office, retail and potentially warehouse
- Effectively work with external service providers to maximise value throughout the leasing transactions process
Rotation 2 – Business Rotation (2 months)
This will sit either within the Consumer Bank or Wholesale Bank business and you will gain an understanding of:
- How we drive value and deliver exceptional customer service
- The ability to explain the purpose and structure of our core products for Consumer Banking or Wholesale Banking
- The role that their specific function plays in supporting the customer experience.
- The end-to-end process from customer through to operations and accounting.
- How the work of CRES impacts the front line
- How Personal Financial Consultants (PFC) and Customer Relationship Managers (CRM) in branch operate
- The development of outline structures
Rotation 3 – CRES Risk (4 months)
This will sit in one of the three CRES Risk Functions (Business Continuity Management, Health Safety & the Environment or Security). This will include gaining an understanding of:
- The role of Business Continuity Management (BCM) best practice in regulatory requirements
- Understand the role security plays within the Bank and how this adds value
- Understanding of risk assessment process in relation to people and the environment
Rotation 4 – CRES Real Estate (7 months)
This will include building knowledge and skills around:
- Understanding the key CRES customers and their different needs
- Understanding the role of CRES Asset Management and how it adds value to the business
- Demonstrate an understanding of global real estate markets and how we convey external market factors in our business
- Understand the role that the Project Management Office plays within CRES and how it adds value to the business
Business skills training
You will be required to attend the CRES Academic programme. This will run in your first year immediately after the International Induction Programme. This programme will develop your skills and knowledge and ensure you get to benefit from direct contact with our senior managers.
Click here to apply