As an Outreach Program Manager at Google, you will be responsible for helping the developers, start- ups, and business and IT professionals in the region successfully build applications and grow their businesses using Google’s products, developer tools and APIs. This position will benefit from a software engineering background and active participation in all three of the local technical, developer, and business communities. In this role, you will coordinate and execute both online and offline outreach and support programs in the region. This could include helping the Developer Relations team with large- scale Google events such as those targeting developers as in Google Developer Days or DevFests (i.e. large budget, high attendance, high visibility), and regional technology industry and business blogs.
To achieve your goals, you will work with cross-functional Google teams, covering product management, engineering, developer relations, local volunteers, along with external vendors. Additionally, you will manage relationships with, and foster creation of, local developer, start-up, and business communities, both formal (Google Technology User Groups) and informal (discussion boards, casual meet-ups, non-affiliated user groups). You will also meet with local developers and businesses, promoting Google technologies to them and ensuring that they get the support and information they need to be successful.
The Program Manager helps bring awareness to Google’s mission, open web technologies and our products within the regional technical community.
- Plan and run regional strategy, community outreach and development, including large-scale public events and grass-roots programs
- Meet with external tech community including developers, businesses and technical executives to advocate their adoption of our products, explaining business and technical value propositions
- Own regional blogs and ensure publication of frequent, high-quality content
- Lead cross-functional project teams and act as the liaison between other global outreach teams and the various product and Engineering groups in Google
- Build and manage relationships with local developer and start-up communities, industry influencers and bloggers
- BA or BS university degree preferred, ideally in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Proven experience in a technical role in internet and/or mobile industries strongly preferred
- Experience with conference presentation or other technical public speaking
- Experience as an active participant (ideally as a leader) in technical/developer/business communities
- Strong project and program management skills as well as excellent communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written English is a must. Additional French language skills are a significant plus.