Western Africa – Lagos
IT & Telecoms
About our client
Headquartered in Lagos, our client, is a leading conglomerate, and is one of the largest telecommunications operators in the country.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will be responsible for establishing the company’s technical vision and leading all aspects of the company’s technology development. As you are the top technology executive, you will also play an integral role in the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth.
Your key responsibilities will include:
– Leading the execution of technology strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
– Building and managing a top-rate technology team and oversee research and development, as well as project management.
– Providing visible leadership for the company within the technology community.
– Anticipating and reacting to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape.
– Establishing technical standards and ensuring compliance for product development and company operations.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have:
– Previous experience within a telecommunications operator,
– CDMA experience with focus on design, optimization, performance and management is required,
– At least 15 years in engineering, with 7 in an executive-level position.
– The credibility to influence at senior levels and to drive change around governance issues,
– Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps,
– Thorough understanding of business strategy, organizational design and other business functions.
– A proven track record within an emerging market.
Above all, our client is looking to attract a candidate who can adapt to the group culture (driven by success, entrepreneurial spirit, hands on approach), deliver excellence and bring added value to the business.
What’s on offer
A very attractive package will be offered to the right candidate.
Michael Page Contact
Your application will be sent to Panayotis Garinis
Reference : QPGA576723